Enrique to fight for Reds spot

Tag: 上海喝茶资源微信

first_img However, despite not featuring for Liverpool since January, he sees any move away from Merseyside as a backwards one. “What I think is that I will not play in a team better than this,” he argued. “Liverpool are a match for Manchester United. It is true we haven’t won the league for many years but we must not forget that we have won five European Cups. “I had a very good option to return to Spain but it is complicated because the economy is very different from what exists here. “The only teams that can deal with what is paid in England are Real Madrid and Barcelona, so I would love to stay here until my legs stop me.” The Spaniard, 29, has one season to run on his current Reds deal but does not appear to be part of Rodgers’ thinking after the Northern Irishman left him out of the squad to face Stoke last Sunday. Enrqiue, who joined the club from Newcastle in 2011, feels that he, along with Italian strike duo Mario Balotelli and Fabio Borini, have been “alienated” over the pre-season period. Left-back Jose Enrique wants to fight for his place in Brendan Rodgers’ Liverpool side despite being ostracised from the first-team squad this summer. Press Association However, after fully recovering from recent knee issues, the former Magpies full-back is not pushing for a way out at Anfield and is keen to provide competition for versatile teenager Joe Gomez and fellow countryman Alberto Moreno. “I’m in a difficult position,” Enrique said in quotes published in the Liverpool Echo. “The club have alienated Balotelli, Borini and me. “I have a year left on my contract and I imagine the club will want to sell, but I still want to stay and fight as I always have. “But if a good offer came (from elsewhere) with more years of contract and more chance to play, I’d look at it. “I will not give up, I know from experience that football changes from day to night. “I feel fine after two years with knee discomfort. Plus in the squad here we only have one pure left-back and I know that if I stay, I’ll play. I want to prove that some are wrong.” Enrique revealed the option to return to Spain, where he last played with Villarreal in 2007, had been on offer this summer. last_img read more


Tag: 上海喝茶资源微信

first_imgNEW ORLEANS – As Josh Hart ran off the Pelicans home court on Wednesday morning, he stopped in front of Lonzo Ball, who was chatting with reporters, to tease the point guard about when he would return to the court.“First game back after All-Star, man,” Ball responded. “I’ll be there.”Ruled out earlier this week for Wednesday’s contest at New Orleans and Thursday’s game in Minnesota, Ball said he “definitely” expects to play on Feb. 23 against Dallas, 42 days after spraining his left MCL in an overtime win against the Mavericks.While Ball has progressed to full contact practices, the Lakers will not practice until next Wednesday, by which time Ball expects to be free of the soreness that has persisted. “He will be here on Friday,” Ball said. “I haven’t (seen him) ever since he went over there, just on FaceTime.”There are autograph signings and interviews. There will inevitably questions about LaVar’s recent comments that Lonzo Ball will not re-sign with the Lakers if the organization does not also sign his other two sons, LiAngelo and LaMelo.Ball said he saw those comments, but brushed them off.“I did (see them),” he said. “No reaction. Like I said, I always just play. He always talks. Its always been the same way.”Ball also confirmed a TMZ report that he will soon become a father himself. The gossip website reported last week that Ball’s longtime girlfriend is four months pregnant.“Yup, supposed to be on the way,” Ball said. “It’s a little different, kind of unexpected. But it’s life.”All of it makes for an intense amount of pressure away from Ball’s primary focus: getting back on the court for the Lakers.“I knew All-Star was going to be big,” Ball said, “especially for the signing stuff. The mix tape was already done, just a matter of when I want to put it out and I feel like that is the right time for that.”Ball will appear on an episode of Lip Sync Battle with LaVar on Thursday night, but don’t worry, that was done months ago.“Did that during the summer too,” Ball said. “It is crazy how you do something so early and it is just coming out this Thursday. So that should be a lot of fun to watch.”RISING AND FALLING – Don’t expect the remaining Lakers to make a big splash in Friday’s Rising Stars game.Coach Luke Walton said he has requested that Kuzma and Ingram play limited minutes, due to the fact it will be their third game in three days.“I need to figure out who’s coaching that team and call them and tell them not to play our players very many minutes because of the fact we had a back-to-back that they’ll be coming off of,” Walton said.Houston assistant coach Roy Rogers is coaching the U.S. team, which Kuzma and Ingram will play on, while Toronto assistant Rex Kalamian will coac the World team.Walton said 15 to 20 minutes “would be a lot to me.” Last year, Ingram scored four points in 16 minutes while D’Angelo Russell scored 12 points in 18 minutes.Ingram said he would be “absolutely fine” with a minutes restriction. Kuzma, however, may have something to say.“There’s a good chance that Kuz still argues his case (for more minutes) to whoever his coach is,” Walton joked.Added Ingram: “Kuz can have it all. He’s going to want to shoot it all anyway. He can have it all.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorcenter_img AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with Packers“It’s at a point where I can play but it still hurts a little bit. So they want to just get that out and take this week, and we are playing good right now so no need to rush it.”Ball said he still feels soreness in his knee when he pushes off with it and tries to slide defensively.Ball was officially ruled out of Friday’s Rising Stars Challenge as part of All-Star Weekend. The NBA announced on Wednesday that Sacramento Kings rookie De’Aaron Fox would replace him in the exhibition that will also feature Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram.None of this is to say that Ball will be sitting around with his feet up when the NBA’s annual showcase descends on L.A. this weekend.Ball moonlights as a rapper and will release a mixtape on Thursday. He will be on hand for a Big Baller Brand pop-up shop, which his father, LaVar, is expected to fly in for before heading back to Lithuanialast_img read more