Crews fully contain 100acre brush fire at MCAS Miramar

Tag: 上海哪家会所好

first_img Posted: July 6, 2018 July 6, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter KUSI Newsroom Updated: 8:21 PMcenter_img KUSI Newsroom, Crews fully contain 100-acre brush fire at MCAS Miramar SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — A wildfire that blackened swaths of hilly open terrain in the northeastern reaches of Marine Corps Air Station Miramar was fully contained Saturd evening, according to MCAS officials.The blaze erupted for unknown reasons about 3 p.m. Friday, according to MCAS Miramar public affairs.Fire crews reported no change in acreage overnight into Saturday, base officials tweeted around 9 a.m. MCAS officials reported that as of 6 p.m. Saturday the fire was fully contained.The spread of the fire had been halted at roughly 100 acres by late afternoon Friday, officials said.Crews with the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department helped base firefighting crews extinguish the blaze, which was posed no structural threats, Capt. Matthew Gregory, director of communications for the northern San Diego USMC station, said on Friday. last_img read more


Tag: 上海哪家会所好

first_imgPeople walk around the courtyard in front of the courthouse in Ankara on 8 January 2019 where opens today the trial of twenty-eight suspects over the assassination of the Russian ambassador two years ago, including a US-based Muslim preacher blamed by Ankara for a failed coup the same year. Photo: AFPA trial into the 2016 murder of a Russian ambassador opened in Ankara on Tuesday with the first two of 28 defendants to be heard denying any links to the assassin.Andrei Karlov, 62, was shot dead by an off-duty Turkish policeman at a photo exhibition in Ankara on 19 December 2016, in a shock attack that was captured on camera by photographers attending the event.The 22-year-old gunman, Mevlut Mert Altintas, shouted “Allahu akbar” (God is greatest) and “Don’t forget Aleppo”, vowing that those responsible for events in Syria would be held accountable.Turkish special forces killed Altintas shortly afterwards.Karlov’s widow Marina Karlova said Monday that the murder was aimed at damaging relations between Russia and Turkey. She did not attend Tuesday’s hearing.On Tuesday the two defendants denied any links to Fethullah Gulen, a US-based Islamic preacher seen as an arch-foe of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and whom Ankara blames for a July 2016 coup attempt.The pair, who had attended the same police academy as Altintas, denied being friends with him.They are accused of belonging to a terror group.Bilal Dereli, 26, told the court he had never been in the same class as Altintas and knew him only by sight, while Oguzhan Ozturk, 28, also denied being friends with the killer.”I got into police school on the third attempt. If I had a link (to Gulen), I would have immediately been successful,” Dereli added.Dogukan Soylemez, a 26-year-old classmate of Altintas and a former security officer for the health minister, insisted he had no links with Gulen either while at school or in his working life.Gulen denies murder linkThe Ankara prosecutor has charged 16 defendants with “premeditated murder with the intention of causing terror”, according to the indictment. Another 12 have been charged with “belonging to a terror organisation”.Thirteen are currently in pre-trial detention, while five suspects are on conditional release and appeared in court Tuesday. Six others are being tried in absentia.Four suspects appeared in court via video conference while nine were under gendarmerie protection in the courtroom.Gulen, who has denied links to both the failed coup and the murder, was among those not in attendance.Turkey refers to Gulen’s organisation as the Fetullah Terrorist Organisation (FETO), but followers say it is peaceful, promoting secular education.’Hot war’ riskPenalties sought by the prosecution include aggravated life sentences, which have replaced the death penalty in Turkey and carry harsher conditions than normal life imprisonment convictions.The indictment says the Gulen movement plotted the murder of Karlov, who had been appointed as ambassador in 2013, to “break off bilateral relations” between Turkey and Russia and bring them to the brink of “hot war”.”This murder took place on the eve of a meeting of Russian, Turkish and Iranian foreign ministers on the topic of discussing a peace settlement in Syria,” Karlov’s wife Marina said.”I think that the aim of this murder was to wreck those talks and worsen relations between Russia and Turkey,” she told Rossiya-24 television.Turkey and Russia had a dramatic falling out in November 2015 after a Turkish fighter jet shot down a Russian warplane along the Syrian border.But by the summer of 2016 relations had improved, with Russian President Vladimir Putin and Erdogan keen to show they are working together to find a solution to the Syrian conflict despite being on opposite sides of the war.Tens of thousands of people have been arrested over alleged links to Gulen since 2016 in a crackdown criticised by human rights groups and Ankara’s Western allies.last_img read more


Tag: 上海哪家会所好

first_imgResidents who escaped spoke of others trapped and screaming for help, with some holding children from windows and others jumping from upper floors. Some were reported to have attempted to use bin bags as makeshift parachutes.A witness, Samira Lamrani, told the British Press Association a baby was thrown from a 9th or 10th floor window and caught by a bystander.“The windows were slightly ajar — a woman was gesturing that she was about to throw her baby and if somebody could catch her baby,” Lamrani said, according to the BBC. “A gentleman ran forward and managed to grab the baby.”Lamrani said there were “endless numbers of people” trapped and “screaming for their lives.”One person, who did not want to be identified, told the British newspaper The Guardian, “I’m lucky to be alive — and lots of people have not got out of the building.”Police say it will take some time to confirm the cause of the fire, and authorities did not want to speculate on why it spread so rapidly, The Associated Press reports.As noon approached Wednesday, the building in the west London neighborhood of North Kensington was still smoldering and breaking out into flames. Volunteers were bringing sandwiches to people forced out of their homes; others donated supplies and money.The AP reports that the building had been viewed as a fire risk:“Local residents said they had warned local authorities about fire issues in the building, a public housing block built in 1974 and containing 120 homes, according to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.” ‘We’ve complained to council,’ said Edward Daffarn, 55, who said nothing had been done to improve safety. ‘I consider this mass murder.’ “On Twitter, London Mayor Sadiq Khan said the fire was declared a major incident; he and other city officials are spreading information about how survivors and families can find one another or report someone missing.Copyright 2017 NPR. To see more, visit http://www.npr.org/. Matt Dunham/APFire and rescue crews are fighting a blaze and searching for people who may have been trapped in a 24-story apartment building in London that was engulfed in fire overnight. At least six people have died from the fire, which was not yet fully under control nearly 12 hours after it started.“These are very early stages and we do expect that figure to rise,” London’s Metropolitan Police said of the death toll.The blaze at Grenfell Tower was reported around 1 a.m. (8 p.m. ET Tuesday). Soon after, people nearby reported seeing smoke and flames shooting from its windows. Since then, more than 64 people have been taken to hospitals, and 20 are in critical care units, the London Ambulance Service says.“This is an unprecedented situation, with a major fire that has affected all floors of this 24 story building, from the second floor up,” said London Fire Commissioner Dany Cotton.Cotton told reporters she’d never seen anything like the fire in her nearly 30 years as a firefighter.#GrenfellTower fire: Crowdfunding page raises more than £20,000 in just hours https://t.co/XBuimKyMLK pic.twitter.com/GX9zv4IVsi— Telegraph News (@TelegraphNews) June 14, 2017Up to 600 people may have been inside the building’s 120 apartments at the time the blaze broke out.Alex Ritson, reporting from London for NPR, says the blaze appeared to start on a lower floor of the building and spread with astonishing speed. “At its height, pretty much the entire building appear to be ablaze, with huge flames of several hundred feet running up the side of the tower,” he says. “Forty fire engines and around 200 firefighters went to the scene — but their equipment didn’t reach much beyond the 11th floor.“There are already disturbing reports emerging of the pipework in the building for a fire emergency being out of action,” Ritson says. “Also, the fire escape plan for the building told residents to stay in their apartments behind supposedly fire safe doors. Those who escaped the blaze were the ones who both woke up and ignored that advice.”Mickey Paramasivan, who took his children out of the building after he woke up and smelled smoke, told Ritson they made it out with just a few minutes to spare.“I sure would have been dead if I weren’t awake,” he said. “Five more minutes and that was us. That’s how close it was.”He described a perilous situation: “Only one fire escape to get down, and apparently that caught on fire,” he said. “And the fire alarm that was going off, that wouldn’t have woken no one up. It was as silent as it could be. … Someone’s got to be held responsible for this. It’s ridiculous.”Eyewitness accounts describe horrifying scenes of people who could not escape from the building.The Telegraph reports:Strangers rally to support survivors of the #GrenfellTower fire by offering food, clothing and somewhere to rest https://t.co/4jzAtqpwoN pic.twitter.com/secTyahG6e— The Sun (@TheSun) June 14, 2017 Sharelast_img read more


Tag: 上海哪家会所好

first_imgIt is also preparing a series adaptation of the “Baahubali” film and book franchise, and female empowerment story “Leila.” Emraan Hashmi is set as the lead of “Bard of Blood,” a political thriller produced by Red Chillies Entertainment, the production label of Indian superstar Shah Rukh Khan.The show was revealed by Simran Sethi, India content executive, at a Netflix content showcase in Singapore. Netflix is also expected to unveil its backing for eight original films in India. Global streaming giant, Netflix has unveiled “Typewriter” as the latest series addition to its growing slate of Indian original content. The series is a haunted house story set in Goa.Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, writer and director of “Kahaani,” the series is about a haunted house and a haunted book that stir the imagination of a group of young, wannabe ghost hunters. When a new family and their attractive daughter move into the haunted home, the crew finds it difficult to balance the demands of school and chores with the renewed urgency of capturing the neighborhood ghost before it is too late.Netflix has enjoyed early success with its local production initiatives in India, where the long-form series format is relatively new. Crime series “Sacred Games” is now in second season. The company is now readying cricket-themed drama “Selection Day,” for a Dec. 28 release. ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15center_img Popular on Variety last_img read more