Category : qeugixbf
Columbus, IN—If you planned to visit the Kohl’s in Columbus for some 24-hour shopping, you might want to hold that thought. The Columbus Fire Department was dispatched to Kohl’s on Saturday after a fire alarm manual pull lever was activated. Firefighters arrived on the scene and found an activated sprinkler head discharging water near the front of the store.A large volume of water was released from a single sprinkler head above a drop ceiling causing portions of the ceiling to collapse onto the floor, drenching merchandise racks near the cashier area. The entrance floor was flooded with about one-half inch of water.Firefighters turned off the water system, as well as the electric service to the building for safety purposes. CFD advised the store to remain closed until damages can be fully assessed and repairs can be completed. Kohl’s said it may not open again for a few days.Investigators say that the incident likely occurred as a result of a faulty sprinkler head.