2 Own Goals Help Barcelona Beat Roma 4-1 in CL quarterfinals

Tag: 上海藏凤阁论坛

first_imgBARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Roma made the already daunting task of beating Barcelona that much harder after scoring two own goals to help the Spanish side secure a 4-1 victory in the opening leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Wednesday.The pair of own goals by Daniele De Rossi and Kostas Manolas plus some sloppy defending that allowed Gerard Pique and Luis Suarez to also score left Roma on the verge of elimination before next week’s return leg in Rome.“We committed individual mistakes and made it easier for them, and you can’t do that against Barcelona,” Roma coach Eusebio Di Francesco said.With Roma reeling following its two self-inflicted wounds, Pique added a third goal for the hosts.Edin Dzeko pulled one back for Roma in the 80th minute before Suarez scored Barcelona’s fourth, breaking his streak of 10 matches without a goal in the competition.The victory extended Barcelona’s unbeaten run in the Champions League to 26 straight home matches, a streak that dates back to September 2013.“Football is game of errors, you try to make your rival commit them while you limit yours,” Barcelona manager Ernesto Valverde said. “We are happy because it was a complicated match, but they showed they are a good team and we have a long way to go before we can say we are in the semifinals.”Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, left, challenges for the ball with Roma’s Kostas Manolas during a Champions League quarter-final, first leg soccer match between FC Barcelona and Roma at the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona, Spain, Wednesday, April 4, 2018.(AP Photo/ Manu Fernandez)Liverpool beat Manchester City 3-0 in the night’s other match after first-half goals by Mohamed Salah, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Sadio Mane.Roma, playing in quarterfinals for the first time in a decade, succeeded in disrupting the hosts’ ball-possession attack by pressuring up the pitch. But its defending lapses either produced or played a direct part in all four of Barcelona goals.Lionel Messi showed no signs of being slowed down by the leg muscle problem that caused him to miss two friendlies for Argentina and be reserved as a substitute at Sevilla on Saturday, when his goal in the 89th-minute secured a 2-2 draw.Messi had already forced Roma to swarm on several occasions to stop his runs before the visiting defense finally broke when Ivan Rakitic intercepted the ball near the box and started the attack that ended De Rossi’s costly error.Messi sped into the area and passed for Andres Iniesta, whose returned pass to the Argentina forward would have left him in good striking position. De Rossi stretched to cut off the pass, only for the tip of his right boot to redirect the ball into the bottom corner of the net for the 38th-minute opener.“The goal by Daniele (De Rossi) from the edge of the area, that ball only goes in once in a 100 times. It conditioned the match,” Di Francesco said.Kostas suffered similar bad luck in the 55th when his clearance of a low cross by Rakitic hit the post and ricocheted off his knee before finally crossing the goal-line.“It’s not just luck that we get own goals in our favor,” Pique said. “I think that if these goals go our way it’s because we press high, we push up in attack (and) the ball is in the opposition area more than usual in other teams’ matches.”Roma’s Diego Perotti, tries to stop Barcelona’s Luis Suarez, right, during a Champions League quarter-final, first leg soccer match between FC Barcelona and Roma at the Camp Nou stadium in Barcelona, Spain, Wednesday, April 4, 2018.(AP Photo/ Manu Fernandez)Pique made it 3-0 four minutes later when he only had to tap in the rebound from a save by goalkeeper Alisson Becker, who palmed a shot by Suarez right to the unmarked defender.Suarez scored his first goal in the tournament since March 2017 after a Roma defender Federico Fazio tried to intercept a pass, instead leaving the ball for the Uruguay striker to drill home.Sergio Busquets returned for Barcelona after being sidelined for three weeks with a fractured bone in his right foot.Lorenzo Pellegrini started in place of Radja Nainggolan after the Roma midfielder was ruled unfit to play because of a muscle injury he picked up over the weekend.___By JOSEPH WILSON , Associated PressMore AP Champions League coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/ChampionsLeagueTweetPinShare0 Shareslast_img read more


Tag: 上海藏凤阁论坛

first_imgRenesas announced an update to its “Embedded Target for RH850Multicore” model-based development environment for multicore microcontrollers for automotive control applications. The update supports development of systems with multirate control (multiple control periods), which is now common in systems such as engine and body control systems. This model-based development environment has become practical even in software development scenarios for multicore MCUs, and can reduce the increasingly complex software development burdens especially in control system development of self-driving cars. Renesas will provide the “Embedded Target for RH850Multicore” updated model-based development environment starting in the fall of 2018.The updated “Embedded Target for RH850Multicore” model-based development-environment  offers support for multirate control significantly reducing the burden of multicore software development. Control functions development requires multirate control, such as intake/exhaust period in engine control, the period of fuel injection and ignition, and the period with which the car’s status is verified. These are all different periods. By applying the technology that generates RH850 multicore code from the Simulink control mode to multirate control, it has become possible to directly generate multicore code, even from models that include multiple periods, such as engine control. Renesas also provides as an option for the Integrated Development Environment CS+ for the RH850, a cycle precision simulator that can measure time with a precision on par with that of actual systems. By using this option, it is possible to estimate the execution performance of a model of the multicore MCU at the early stages of software development. This can significantly reduce the software development period.The JMAAB (Japan MBD Automotive Advisory Board), an organization that promotes model-based development for automotive control systems, recommends several control models from the JMAAB Control Modeling Guidelines. Of those, Renesas is providing in this update the Simulink Scheduler Block, which conforms to type (alpha) which provides a scheduler layer in the upper layer. This makes it possible to follow the multirate single-task method without an OS, express the core specifications and synchronization in the Simulink model, and automatically generate multicore code for the RH850 to implement deterministic operations.Along with advances in the degree of electronic control in today’s cars, integration is also progressing in the ECUs (electronic control units), which are comparatively small-scale systems. By supporting multirate control, making it easier to operate small-scale systems with different control periods with a multicore microcontroller, it is now possible to verify the operation of a whole ECU that integrates multiple systems.The updated model-based development environment is planned to support Renesas’ RH850/P1H-C MCU that includes two cores by this fall, and also support for the RH850/E2x Series of MCUs that include up to six cores is in the planning. In addition, Renesas plans to deploy this development environment to the entire Renesas autonomy Platform, including the “R-Car” Family of SoCs. Renesas is also continuing to work to further improve the efficiency of model-based software development, including model-based parallelization tools from partner companies and strengthening of related multirate control support execution performance estimation including the operating system. Moving forward, Renesas plans to apply the model-based design expertise fostered in its automotive development efforts in the continually growing RX Family in the industrial area which is seeing continued increases in both complexity and scale.Share this:TwitterFacebookLinkedInMoreRedditTumblrPinterestWhatsAppSkypePocketTelegram Tags: Tools & Software Continue Reading Previous Maplesoft: MapleSim 2018 offers new tools for developing digital twinsNext PLS: UDE enables real multicore debugging for NXP S32V234 automotive processorlast_img read more


Tag: 上海藏凤阁论坛

first_imgImagine having to traverse through a riverbed to get to and from your community on a daily basis, or travel for miles using the alternative route when it becomes impassable.That was the reality for hundreds of residents in several communities in North East St. Catherine, when the Dover Castle main road was left impassable following the collapse of a bridge during Tropical Storm Nicole in 2010.The collapsed bridge meant that motorists had to drive through an orange grove to get to the communities of Redwood and Guys Hill.With the Government’s recent construction of a $23.3 million Bailey bridge, the residents’ lives have been significantly changed and they now have easier access to their homes.The single lane bridge, which was officially opened last week, replaces the structure that collapsed two years ago. It serves the communities of Dover Castle, Redwood, Jubilee Town, Golden Grove, Guys Hill and adjoining areas.Speaking to JIS News, resident Devon Morris, says he is extremely grateful. “What dem do today was nice and joyful. Dem see to it that we get a bridge so everything will be alright, we can drive through comfortable,” he says.He adds that without the bridge, “we have a hard time with people coming into the district”.Joined by several other beneficiaries, Mr. Morris thanked the Government and National Works Agency (NWA), for the new bridge.Speaking to JIS News during the official opening, Minister of State in the Ministry of Transport, Works and Housing, Hon. Richard Azan, said the project, which got underway in January this year, was completed within schedule and budget.Works included the construction of gabion baskets; bridge abutments; a rubble retaining wall and approach roads.The State Minister urged operators of heavy duty vehicles to use alternative routes at John’s Pen and Berkshire Hall, as the structure has a carrying capacity of only 50 tonnes.Meanwhile, NWA Communications Manager, Stephen Shaw, says warning signs will be erected shortly to advise motorists of the limited carrying capacity.“Being a 50-tonne structure, we don’t expect to see a trailer going across this bridge because it is not built to accommodate those types of units,” he tells JIS News.Mr. Shaw is urging residents to assist in keeping the structure in place and to ensure that it is not compromised by misuse. “What we would also be appealing to residents to do, is assist us in keeping this very vital piece of infrastructure in place. They are the ones who have been suffering since Tropical Storm Nicole in 2010, when they had to be walking in the river bed, climbing out and then finding their way beyond this point. So they have an interest in ensuring that the bridge stays in place and is not compromised in any way by misuse,” he says.Member of Parliament for North East St. Catherine, Gregory Mair, commended the Government for undertaking the project. “This is a process that was initiated all the way back from 2010 and the present Government made it their business to see it come to its completion. I am very happy for the people in the surrounding areas; finally we got the bridge done. So I think it’s a relief and I am extremely appreciative for the construction of this bridge,” he said.Other works under the project included: river training works 50 metres upstream and 50 metres downstream; realignment of the roadway; and the raising and re-paving of the roadway with asphaltic concrete.The contractor for the project was Aegisco Limited.By Chris Patterson, JIS Reporterlast_img read more


Tag: 上海藏凤阁论坛

first_imgThe Jamaica Council for Persons with Disabilities (JCPD) is carrying out a registration exercise to determine the number of persons living with disabilities in the island.The process, which started in February, will continue until July of this year, Executive Director of the JCPD, Christine Hendricks, tells JIS News.She said the objective is to have accurate data regarding persons with disabilities so that effective planning can be undertaken and provisions made to meet their needs.Ms. Hendricks informed that although the Council has been registering persons with disabilities since its inception in 1973, it does not have an accurate figure as to the number of Jamaicans with a disability.There are approximately 12,000 persons on the JCPD’s register. Nearly 2,000 persons have been newly registered or re-entered into the database since February.Encouraging persons to sign up, the Executive Director said that once persons are registered with the Council, then the body guarantees that throughout each stage of development, their individual needs will be met.“First of all, it is very important to register because if the Government does not know that you exist, it is difficult to plan for you,” she noted.The registration exercise involves house-to-house calls and visits to institutions and communities that cater to persons with disabilities.“It’s not as widespread as the census because we wouldn’t have as many persons but we’re trying to capture the bulk as much as possible through the different locations and agencies,” she said.Ms. Hendricks noted that the council will also stage several public education campaigns to inform the wider public of the initiative.“We will be having campaigns both in the print and electronic media to ensure that the word gets out there. Of course, we are targeting also, the various agencies that serve persons with disabilities,” the Executive Director said.She added that the council will also be staging health fairs in all parishes, as part of efforts to register more persons.“We will be having at least two health fairs in each parish to see if we can gather persons at central points…it will be announced in short order as to where persons can come,” she said.Ms. Hendricks informed that even though the official registration will end in July, the process is ongoing.“People with disabilities are always being born, persons are always acquiring disabilities so the process … will continue as long as the council exists,” she added.The JCPD, a programme of the Ministry of Labour and Social Security, caters to Jamaicans with various challenges, such as visual and hearing impairments, intellectual disabilities, speech impediment, autism, Down’s syndrome, cerebral palsy, paraplegia, quadriplegia, hemiplegia and multiple disabilities.For additional information, persons may contact the JCPD at 968-8373.Contact: Chris Pattersonlast_img read more


Tag: 上海藏凤阁论坛

first_imgAPTN National News WINNIPEG—Aboriginal Peoples Television Network will know in six to nine months whether it can launch a sister station in the United States, according to the network’s CEO.APTN CEO Jean Larose said the network has partnered with global consulting firm Castalia to determine whether there is enough interest among U.S. cable and satellite television service providers to carry the proposed channel.Larose said meetings with cable and satellite providers are ongoing, according to an email sent to APTN employees Wednesday morning.“APTN is quite excited at the possibility of launching a sister station in the US based on the programming and community focus of service in Canada. The initial response from Native American producers, organizations and artists has been overwhelmingly positive and supportive,” said Larose, in a statement provided to APTN National News. “However, we must first ensure that there will be sufficient revenues to fully cover the costs of such a channel and in order to determine this, we have partnered with Castalia to do this research on our behalf.”Larose said it could take between six to nine months to determine whether there is enough interest to launch the channel. APTN wants to first ensure that it has enough signed commitments for carriage before making the new channel a reality, he said.“We have no idea yet if there will be interest…to launch a service like ours in the States. However, the only way to find out is to start a public discussion,” said Larose in the email.news@aptn.ca@APTNNewslast_img read more